From Blog Items

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Dive with Kaleebso (Tioman)

What a sight... all ready for the next dive.

This is by far the greatest diving experience. I left KL for Rompin at around 8.30 (Friday) with a group of fellow divers (16 of us). We arrived our destination at around 1.45 am (close to 2am). Boarded Kaleebso at the jetty and off we went to Tioman. My room was the nearest to the engine room, and this being my FIRST ever live aboard trip, I was quite nervous and only managed to sleep around 5 am. We had a very loud wake up call (thanks to my *sifu, David, with his thunderous voice) at around 7am. But I have to say, I was so excited about the dive that I didnt care if I hadnt enough sleep the night before. (By the way, I was sleeping on the top bunker, and the aircon was directed at my feet....FREEZING COLD!!)

The biggest advantage Kaleebso has is the food. I must say, Mary (the wive of the Captain, who's also the cook) did a very good job. Not only did she provide us with a wide variety of mouth watering yum-yums, she was so determined that we had enough to eat that we were served breakfast, brunch, lunch, tea, AND dinner (dinner is ALWAYS accompanied with a GENEROUS serving of SASHIMI). The trip was basically eat-dive-sleep, eat-dive-sleep, all the way.



Upper deck. Other than diving, this is where we spend most of our time (eating, drinking, smoking, soaking up the sun, and talk crap)
Night dive. Scarry shit. (Sorry, picture is very blur.)
Peter. Our trusted Dive Master who is also obsessed with Milo 'Kaw' and Sea Cucumbers. The only guy I know who dives with a twin tank.

1 comment:

Arth Akal said...

Eeeeee....sounds like fun!!!